Thursday, October 18, 2012

Kale Chips And Dip



Everyone who knows me knows about my love for all things green and leafy. I've recently discovered that a lot of my girlfriends love kale chips as much as I do! These are a fantastic alternative to your average television snack. 



Ingredients:


1 pound of curly organic kale
3 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup of fat-free plain Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
2 tablespoon squeezed lemon juice


Chips and Dip

Preheat your oven to 375°. Remove the hard stems from the middle of the kale and rip into large pieces. In a bowl, toss the kale with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and one clove of minced garlic. Spread the kale on baking sheets and roast in the oven for about 15-20 minutes, until crispy. I like to shake the pans a bit half way through the cooking time. Season the kale with salt and pepper and transfer to a large platter.


In a small bowl, whisk the yogurt with the lemon zest and juice and the remaining garlic and 1 tablespoon of oil. Season with salt and pepper.

Dip and Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment